Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Pinchos Morunas

For a while, I was doing a special themed dinner every Saturday night and we invited Nanny and Grandaddy and James' parents and I would cook a dinner from a particular country or culture.

Nanny really enjoyed these dinners.  Of course, I got my love of cooking fun food from her, so that makes sense.  I thought I would share some of the recipes she really enjoyed at those dinners.

This recipe is from our Spanish dinner night.  This is a really good recipe that I found on the internet somewhere.  It tastes closer to the pinchos I had in Spain than any other recipe I've tried before.  I like to serve these in the summer with some Gazpacho made of as many fresh vegetables as possible.

1 lb. boneless pork loin chops, cut into cubes
2 TBSP olive oil
1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
2 TBSP lemon juice
1/4 tsp. black pepper
8 cloves garlic, minced (I can't stomach garlic after being pregnant, so I leave this out and it still tastes good.)
1/2 tsp. oregano
2 TBSP. parsley
1 tsp. ginger
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp paprika

Mix all the ingredients together except the pork.  Add the pork cubes and stir well to coat them.  Refrigerate and allow to marinate at least a few hours, but overnight is better.

Thread the meat onto wooden skewers.  Grill until cooked through.  Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment